- New Grand Hotel – I’ve stayed here myself, cool old building, great service, restaurant/pub in the main floor
- The Hume Hotel – Another excellent choice, an historic hotel from the original establishment of Nelson, cool ambience and reasonable rates
- The Dancing Bear Inn – a small youth hostel/hotel – looks like a really cool place to stay, and cheap!
Hotel Advance Booking – Group Rates
Primary Hotel – The New Grand Hotel
We have a block of 20 Rooms blocked for August 15 & 16, 2008. Anyone reserving at the New Grand for the meet should quote they are a member of the “VFR Riders”.
The rooms blocked are as follows:
- 4 Double Rooms – $95.00/night
- 10 Standard Single Rooms – $85.00/night
- 3 Economy Rooms – these rooms tend to be noisier than the other rooms until about 1:00AM, but are cheaper – $80-90.00/night
- 3 Hostel Rooms with private bath and one bed – $45.00/night
The block of reservations is held under the name “VFR Riders” and the reservations will be held for our group until May 15th. After May 15th the reduced rate will still be offered, but it is based on room availability. If any one wants to impress their “significant other” their suite is also discounted but not reserved. Advice – book soon, this is a busy time in Nelson, BC.
Rooms are all air conditioned and they provide off street parking, first come first served until their lot is full (video surveillance and it’s by the exit to the kitchen, so staff are always around the bikes).
Secondary Hotel – The Hume Hotel
- standard room with two queen beds will be $119.00 + taxes per room, per night including complimentary, full, hot breakfast each morning of your stay
the Hume is a historic building, and as such doesn’t have air conditioning. it can be warm in Nelson in August so depending on your interest in staying in a historic building and tolerance for heat this may or may not be for you. it is a fantastic hotel, great service and friendly staff. they also have a pub in the main floor, which i’ve been to, and it is a great hangout.