I put down a deposit on the new Honda Africa Twin last January at the Calgary Motorcycle Show. With delays in shipping, and earthquake and demand for the bike it was a long time coming. I finally received the bike in December 2016 and began the process of customizing the bike while awaiting spring.
In the last few weeks the weather is ‘springing’ and I’ve finally had a chance to ride on day ride and commute to work and put on about 500km. I absolutely love this bike and can’t wait to ride it across the country this summer for my Canada 150 ride.
To prepare the bike, I’ve created a laundry list of things to add or change:
- Honda OEM Centre Stand
- IMS Footpegs
- Heated Koso grips
- Barkbuster Hand protectors
- SW Motech Crash Bars
- SW Motech Skid Plate
- Denali D4 LED riding lights
- GPS Guy GPS Mount
- Batzen Windscreen Riser
- Protective film on the tank, lenses and front fairing – Tankslapper
- Eastern Beaver PC8 Power Supply
- AdMore Top Case LED Lighting
- Delkevic Exhaust
- Top case power connection (for phone/electronic and recharging my Sena headset)
- Rugged Roads fender lift kit
- Rugged Roads Radiator Guard
- GIVI Sidestand Foot
- Accessory Dash Plug-in
- Powerbronze headlight protector
- Kappa 33l/42l Luggage/panniers and top case
- Tool Tubes for extra fuel and tools (obviously)
It’s completely kitted out. Should be prepared for onroad and offroad duty (within reason).
All that’s left is tire choice – Shinko 804/805 (in garage), Mitas E-07 or the new and untested Avon TrekRider
Now the route planning….